Original Summary

OpenAI would have you believe you can do real work with Codex.<p>I have a $20 OpenAI subscription and a $20 Claude subscription.<p>With Codex I can barely get one meaningful coding task done in the 5h limit. (Either Sol 5.1 high or Astra 6 high.) With Claude I can comfortably get 3 meaningful tasks done. (Opus 5.5 high.)<p>This is not anecdotal but from repeated experience of dozens of tasks. Doesn&#x27;t matter what&#x27;s the size or complexity of those tasks - they&#x27;re comparable and the differences wash out in the number. I divide my work consistently.<p>And now an anecdote from a moment ago: I&#x27;ve run out of Opus weekly usage. I&#x27;ve found a bug in my app. Not trivial but not really hard. I had well over 50% of the Codex 5h limit left. I thought: great, Astra will crush this bug in no time. And then I watched as the tokens evaporated and I&#x27;m left with half-assed changes. I feel like tearing my hair out. I have to wait till morning to have this solved.<p>Dear Sam and team: please make your product at least half as competitive as Anthropic&#x27;s.


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/10/4 05:46:33