- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Hi r/SideProject , we’re going to space but forgot the compass. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. The idea is simple: you choose the Sun, Moon, a planet, or another point in space, and the app gives you the real 3D direction to it. The pointer can go left, right, up, down, behind you, wherever that object actually is relative to you. You’d be able to use the iPhone in two ways: either point the back of the phone toward the target, almost like using the camera, or hold it normally and use the top edge of the phone like a wand. I also thought the same idea could work for normal map coordinates. You could choose any place on Earth and the arrow would literally point through the Earth toward it instead of showing you a route on a flat map. For now I’m keeping it very simple: direction, distance, light travel time, and haptic feedback that gets faster as you get closer to pointing at the target. Obviously we can’t travel to most of these places yet, but there’s something fun about being able to say: “Jupiter is exactly there.” Would anyone actually use something like this? What obvious use case or feature am I missi   submitted by   /u/rogymd [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:硬件与数码
- 分类依据:内容涉及硬件、数码产品或通信卡
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/3 10:40:22
- 暂无回复