Original Summary

I keep going more niche with reverse engineered web-based versions of games 👉 http://ut.pieter.com 👈 6 months ago I tried to reverse engineer Urban Terror Urban Terror was kind of a Counter-Strike style mod on top of the Quake 3 Arena engine, I think @Erwin_AI got me to play this during COVID Because it runs on Quake 3's engine like RTCW and Q3 itself, I thought I could just use ioquake3 and WASM to run it on web, then add a multiplayer server and it'd just work... But no it didn't, I got stuck 6 months ago, it was buggy and wouldn't work, I kept trying and kinda got it to load but not really play Today I tried it again with Opus 5.5 and again, I couldn't get it to work, giving up I did a last try with Fable 5.1 on high effort and it after awhile it did figure out the issue! "The engine's struct was 4 bytes longer than what UT's bytecode expects, everything after that point (the entity count and the entity list) was read 4 bytes off" It rewrote the bytecode and made it work! So now we have another game preserved, running 100% the web via WASM, with a multiplayer server tied to it, so you can play with your friends 😊 Every model that comes out makes a bit more things possible and you can just keep trying old things that didn't work before I see lots of people mod modern games now too which looks very cool too Here I'm playing it with @marckohlbrugge a few minutes ago! Anyway you can play it with everyone else at http://ut.pieter.com now :D


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:AI / AI前沿 / levelsio @levelsio
  • 发布时间:2026/10/3 06:34:36