Original Summary

I’ve been working on a small Instagram automation project and the part I underestimated the most was maintaining the scraping side. I really didn’t want to deal with accounts, sessions, proxies and random blocks just to pull profile data. So instead of building that whole part myself, I started testing hikerapi.com as the data source. I’m still early with it — around 57 requests so far — but it made the workflow a lot simpler. Now the Instagram data is basically just one step in the automation instead of something I have to constantly maintain. The obvious downside is that I’m depending on an external API and paying per request, so if the project grows a lot I’ll probably have to compare the cost again against running my own setup. For now though, I’d rather spend my time on the actual automation than debugging Instagram scraping. What are you guys using for this kind of workflow? Direct scraping, Apify, RapidAPI, or something else? I'm part of HikerAPI's user-rewards program — they credit my account for posts like this. Sharing my actual experience.   submitted by   /u/DKicker [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/3 04:51:00