- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
everybody got hit by AI, and like any indie hacker building a niche SaaS, I went through that initial AI depression phase. you could feel that AI had huge potential, but it was not quite there yet. it's hard to describe. it was useful, but not at the level of work you actually wanted to deliver. before the AI wave, I built a visual CSS editor as a Chrome extension called InTab. people were happy with it because they could make quick changes to their websites and prototype ideas faster... and with the whole vibe coding madness getting started, all of a sudden, usage dropped dramatically! people were trying dozens of AI website builders at the same time. most of them didn't really work yet, but they promised the world. I was honestly confused about what to do. should I keep building the visual editor, throw it away completely, or pivot? and if I pivoted, where should I even go? the insane AI hype got to me. at one point, I genuinely thought the big LLM companies like ChatGPT and Claude would dominate every SaaS niche and kill most independent software businesses. I knew deep down that this was probably wrong, but the hype was so intense that I think everyone believed it at least a little at some point. I spent more than a year in this confused state, but eventually my thoughts started to stabilize and I made up my mind. I came to one conclusion: with all this madness of micro AI tools and AI slop, people will eventually converge toward a smaller number of tools they can actually remember and rely on. that realization finally gave me the motivation to work on the product again. recently, I released a new version of intab.io as a complete rewrite from scratch with a 15-in-1 browser extension designed to replace a cluttered list of separate tools. it includes an AI writer, AI YouTube summaries with an ad skipper, tab management, screenshots, image tools, developer tools, bookmarks, history analytics and more. I didn't want to build just another browser extension. I wanted to build a complete package that helps people replace a messy collection of extensions with one tool and actually use AI where most of their work already happens: inside the browser. the journey was a bumpy one, and getting the motivation to work again was difficult because mentally, things were not clear for a long time. now I finally feel clear about what I'm building and why. negative comments won't change my mind anymore because I've thought deeply about this direction before committing to it. I firmly believe AI killed some SaaS products that were basically widgets or tiny standalone tools. but I don't think it can kill a broader product that people rely on every day. the future of SaaS might be much more monolithic than people expect. for sure!!   submitted by   /u/mouyahama [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:开源项目与落地
- 分类依据:内容涉及项目实践、创业、副业或变现
- 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
- 发布时间:2026/10/3 04:34:19
- 暂无回复