Original Summary

Getty Images Alison Hammond went to hospital for a heart check-up after leaving ITV's This Morning midway through Friday's show, but has assured followers she is "fine". The presenter, 51, left the programme during its live broadcast, appearing to clutch her chest as she was assisted off the set by co-host Dermot O'Leary. He later told viewers she was "feeling a little unwell". In a video posted from a hospital bed on Friday afternoon, Hammond said she'd had "a little bit of a palpitation" - but was feeling OK and was undergoing tests. "I know you're all worried about me," she said. "Honestly, I am fine. First of all, I'm getting my old ticker checked out." Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock / Hammond and O'Leary were presenting Friday's edition of This Morning She continued: "I had a little bit of a palpitation, and now I'm getting it all checked out. But I think I'm OK. I'm hoping it was just a little panic attack or something like that." The Birmingham-born presenter, who also co-hosts The Great British Bake Off, thanked This Morning's viewers for sending her "lovely messages" while apologising for her dramatic early exit. "I'm so sorry I left you," she added. "I would never normally do that. I would never leave a TV show, so you know I wasn't very well. "But hopefully I'm going to be all right. The doctors are so lovely, and they're checking me out, and hopefully everything's going to be fine. "Everything is fine, look. I'm rocking it. Look how good I look," she joked, noting how she was still wearing her make-up from the show. Getty Images / O'Leary and Hammond are the regular This Morning presenting partnership on Fridays Friday's edition of the ITV show began at 10:00 BST with Hammond and her regular co-host O'Leary at the helm, before she left at 11:30 during a segment about pets. O'Leary, 53, addressed her absence when the show returned from a break, saying: "Welcome back to This Morning, Alison is feeling a little unwell, so she's just had to duck out. Hopefully she'll be back." He later updated viewers that she would, in fact, not be returning, "so I'll be here for the rest of the show". Broadcaster Hammond initially rose to fame as contestant on Channel 4 reality show Big Brother before appearing on I'm A Celebrity and Strictly Come Dancing. She became a co-host in This Morning in 2021, and was part of the team that won a National Television Award for best daytime programme the following year. She also joined Bake Off in 2023 and took over from the late Paul O'Grady on For the Love of Dogs in 2024.


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:英语新闻 / BBC News Top Stories
  • 发布时间:2026/10/3 00:00:18