Original Summary

After trying the Reverse Osmosis (RO) filter and making V60 coffee with it, it tasted a bit flat I was kind of expecting that because even with the remineralizer installed (yes we have a remineralizer!) it only gets to 25 TDS, which is quite a low amount of mineral content for water TDS means total dissolved solids, so like what's left after you remove all the water, essentially the mineral content The plastic 6L water bottles we used before had a TDS of about 60 So I asked Claude what specialty coffee places do? They usually have an RO filter without any remineralizer. Then they use an industrial machine to remineralize it to the perfect level. That's why coffee of specialty coffee chains like @the_coffee (my fav) taste the same from Brazil to Japan. And their TDS level is high around 150 How can I do get my RO 25 up to 150 though? Claude suggested getting a mineral water coffee kit by Lotus Coffee, you get 4 drippers for Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium, so I got it today and tried it. There's a specific amount of drops to add based on your current TDS The TDS went up to 156 so at specialty coffee water level, and the V60 looked different and way more bubbly And the flavor is great, it's not bitter, it's pure kind acidic like the Brazil beans we have should be Adding these drops everytime might be annoying though, maybe I can mix them and make my own solution, or I can get a remineralizer for coffee that gets it to 150 TDS by itself after RO Anyway I've become a coffee water snob now 🧔‍♂️ 🫣 @levelsio : 💧 For years I was brought up in the Netherlands being told we had the "best tap water in the world" "The Americans are silly for buying bottles of mineral water, you can just drink from the tap!" I remember the same sentiment with my German friends When I stayed at the VOCO Link: https://x.com/levelsio/status/2102485177620639908


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:AI / AI前沿 / levelsio @levelsio
  • 发布时间:2026/10/3 00:05:29