- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I got tired of “pay me first, trust me” deals online — so I built Batonic I was sick and tired of getting burned on informal peer-to-peer deals. “Pay me first and then you’ll get everything — I promise.” I’ve heard some version of that countless times over the years. Buying custom game assets. Sending hundreds of dollars in deposits to contractors who no-showed or left me worse off than when I started. Buying “like new” products from neighbors and strangers that turned out to be nowhere close to like new — sometimes barely serviceable. And the thing that always bothered me was how little information you actually get before being expected to hand over your money. A screenshot. Maybe a few photos. Then: trust me. Batonic is my way of saying no more. I wanted buyers to actually be able to inspect what they’re considering before they purchase it. And when I say previews, I don’t mean a prettier image gallery filled with marketing images. I mean the actual thing you’re buying. Preview a 3D model interactively. Read actual source code. Explore the file and folder structure of a digital product. Listen to part of the actual audio track you’re going to receive. Watch a protected segment of the wedding video your videographer delivered before accepting the milestone. Read a few pages of an ebook directly in your browser. Batonic’s previews are generated from the content being delivered, and buyers can see relevant file information before purchasing. And I wanted more protection after the transaction too. Eligible Batonic transactions include a 48-hour inspection period, giving buyers time to make sure what they received actually matches what was promised before the transaction is finalized. If something is wrong, there’s a defined process for raising the issue instead of immediately being left to fight through a bank, payment app, or chargeback process on your own. But I didn’t want to build something exclusively for digital downloads. Batonic supports digital products, physical products, services, and combinations of them. And buying shouldn’t require creating yet another account. There’s guest checkout, with payment processing through Stripe and support for options like Apple Pay and Google Pay where available. Sellers — I have your back too. It’s completely free to start selling on Batonic. You can build a polished baton — Batonic’s listing format — with rich previews and presentation tools, or keep things private and send a direct link to a client. The goal is simple: Give the buyer enough confidence to pay, and give the seller the tools to prove they’re delivering what they promised. At roughly 1 AM this morning, I finally decided I was done tweaking things and pushed Batonic live. So here it is: https://batonic.app I’m looking for my first real users, and I’d genuinely rather hear what’s wrong with it than get a bunch of “looks cool!” replies. If you try it, tell me: What confused you? What felt unnecessary? What would stop you from actually using i
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/2 22:17:02
- 暂无回复