- SignalDesk55分钟前
Original Summary
Three weeks ago I spent $5k as a vendor at an event where thousands of reasonably relevant target customers had the opportunity to see and try my B2C SaaS product over a weekend. As part of the event, I let people test a live interactive demo. The demo used dummy data, and one of the clearest pieces of feedback I received was that people wanted to use the software at home and test it properly using their own data. So, based on that feedback, I decided to implement a 14-day FREE trial with no credit card required. I interacted with more than 500 attendees over the weekend, which helped me improve my sales pitch and messaging while reinforcing some assumptions that my earlier research had already suggested. The event was only the first of many distribution experiments I plan to run while trying to find product-market fit. My biggest takeaway was that the event was valuable for feedback and brand exposure, but so far it has resulted in no signups. My SaaS listing remains on the event website for another six months, but looking back, I also made some obvious mistakes. I created no urgency for people to sign up while they were at the event. I didn't collect leads, and I was manning the kiosks on my own. Massive missed opportunities, but that's part of bootstrapping and learning. Another thing that surprised me was how difficult it was to get people to engage with software at a consumer event. People naturally gravitated toward vendors with physical products they could pick up, touch and inspect. A lot of attendees simply walked straight past the touchscreen software kiosks. So now I'm focusing heavily on testing different ways of getting discovered organically. I'm starting to see traction in terms of impressions, traffic and lead generation through YouTube, Pinterest, Amazon and Google Search. I'm happy with that progress only a couple of months in, but I still have no conversions. I'm hoping the 14-day free trial helps close that gap. For context, this is a relatively low-priced consumer SaaS product aimed at a very large potential market, so the long-term model requires a reasonably large number of customers. I'm deliberately focusing on organic distribution for now. Paid ads aren't part of the plan yet because I don't want to pay to amplify something until I have stronger evidence of product-market fit. Marketing strategies currently showing some early promise for organic reach/discoverability: Amazon sales from a related how-to book that references the SaaS throughout Free live interactive demo with no registration required Downloadable planner used as a lead magnet, which is already getting downloads Free calculation tool built into the platform Kids colouring page handed out at the event as a slightly unusual top-of-mind branding experiment Embedded YouTube video on the landing page, with links back to the product Pinterest infographics and printable checklists linking back to the SaaS (see image) Google Sear
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
- 发布时间:2026/10/2 23:16:56
- 暂无回复