Original Summary

This project doesn&#x27;t solve a burning problem for me, but it&#x27;s more of a curiosity-driven experiment asking one question: with LLMs and fuzzing, how close can I get to a 100% Excel-compatible spreadsheet engine?<p>After working on this for a couple of months, it seems to be pretty close now (and in some cases, more accurate than Excel). Recent fuzzing runs have been unable to find discrepancies with Excel, but I think that there is still a long tail of cases out there. Nonetheless, visi has worked well so far for casual agentic use cases, e.g. modeling the minimum spend to break even on a credit card annual fee&#x2F;running a DCF model for a company. To view the resulting workbook, I&#x27;ve been using this OOXML viewer (HN link): <a href="https:&#x2F;&#x2F;news.ycombinator.com&#x2F;item?id=48436863">https:&#x2F;&#x2F;news.ycombinator.com&#x2F;item?id=48436863</a><p>Note: the name &quot;visi&quot; is a nod to VisiCalc. It is also easy to type.


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/10/2 10:09:29