- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I kept thinking about how a lot of us have to be online to do our work each day. It is not uncommon to have other open tabs with social media, games, or whatever. Why not turn your current page, whatever site you are on, into a game?<p>So I built DOM-defense. Once you click play on the current tab and it overlays a tower-defense game on that page. The path snakes its way through the pages hyperlinks. You place towers in the empty space. Enemies march alont the path and if they break the last blockade, you lose. Survive 100 waves and you win.<p>A couple of details that mattered to me while building it:<p>Variety - Every page is a different map (news, docs, Wikipedia, whatever). You are not confined to set levels. Every site is different so it naturally creates infinite variety<p>Work within a users current flow - Instead of opening other tabs or another site, I wanted a user to not have to "go outside" of their normal workflow<p>Difficulty/Fun factor - I spent some time tuning it to make it difficult, but beatable. Finding the balance is difficult when a user can literally play it on any site<p>It’s free on the Chrome Web Store:<p><a href="https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dom-defense/bglbhkdakecceocdpnegdchjmmomnopg" rel="nofollow">https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dom-defense/bglbhkd...</a><p>Curious what pages break it hardest, or what would make the loop more fun. Happy to answer any questions too.
中文概览
中文标题: Show HN:DOM-defense——把你当前网页变成塔防关卡
作者开发了浏览器扩展 DOM-defense,点击后会在当前网页上叠加塔防游戏,路径沿页面超链接蜿蜒,玩家在空白处放塔抵御敌人,守住100波即获胜;每个网站都是不同地图。
- 情报分类:开源项目与落地
- 分类依据:Show HN 发布的浏览器扩展游戏项目,属开源项目与落地。
- 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
- 发布时间:2026/10/2 05:20:29
- 暂无回复