LinguaClip - a dictation app I vibe-coded to fix my terrible Japanese listening (runs locally, free)
- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Hey r/SideProject 👋 I've been learning Japanese for a while and my listening was way behind my reading. What actually helped was dictation: play a line, type what you hear, see what you missed. Doing that by hand with anime was painful though (pause, rewind, pause, rewind...). So I built LinguaClip. Drop in any video or podcast, it transcribes it on your own computer (Whisper, nothing gets uploaded), then plays it one line at a time for you to type. shows exactly which words you missed click a word to look it up (works with Yomitan dictionaries) one click sends the line to Anki with the original audio no account, no limits, free Download (Mac / Windows): https://linguaclipapp.com Code (open-source edition): https://github.com/Samuelxiaozhuofeng/LinguaClip Honest caveats: the first run downloads a ~580MB speech model (there's a 190MB lighter one). The Mac app isn't notarized yet, so the first time you have to allow it in System Settings → Privacy & Security. I'm not really a "proper" developer, I built most of this with AI, so any feedback is gold: what's confusing, what breaks, what you'd want next. Thanks for looking!   submitted by   /u/SamueltheHandsome [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/1 12:28:40
- 暂无回复