Original Summary

Hi all! I made a 311 byte Klotski solver in C++<p>So back when I first got to use a mobile phone in 2012 I used to play a lot of puzzle games. These were notoriously hard to solve (on high levels), and I always wondered how are these created, how do they find the minimum moves, how do they know its even minimal.<p>Now after being in a CS major for over 3 years, I finally understand these systems fairly. So I decided to make a klotski solver.<p>I wanted to make it fun so I stored the whole game board in an integer (uint64_t), as I like integers more than vectors. And then I got the urge to minify the engine to the max extent I could, so shrunk it down to 311 bytes from ~3.5 KB. The engine is only the searching part though.<p>The solver is a BFS that explores every reachable position. For the classic start it finds the best solution in 116 moves, after exploring all 25,955 reachable states in about 2-4 ms.<p>Here&#x27;s the repo; any feedback is welcomed : ) <a href="https:&#x2F;&#x2F;github.com&#x2F;Dream-World-Coder&#x2F;depuzzled" rel="nofollow">https:&#x2F;&#x2F;github.com&#x2F;Dream-World-Coder&#x2F;depuzzled</a>


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/10/1 12:05:56