Original Summary

Hey! I got tired of cloud dictation tools sending every sentence I say to a server, so I built Whisper Dictate: hold a hotkey, speak, release - the transcription is pasted at your cursor. Everything runs locally on your own machine. Audio never leaves it. What it does: - English + German profiles with switchable hotkeys - On-device streaming models (NVIDIA Nemotron 0.6B) on your own GPU - CUDA on Windows, MPS on macOS - with CPU fallback; faster-whisper profiles also available - Auto-edits, fully deterministic and offline: filler words removed, spoken "comma" / "new line" / "bullet point" become real formatting, "scratch that" drops the last bit - Per-language hotword lists, so it learns your stack's vocabulary - Windows + macOS Pricing: there is a free community edition, and the full Pro version is 40 EUR/year after a 14-day trial (no card needed for the trial). Source is public: https://github.com/rorshopping/whisper-dictate Site + download: https://whisperdictate.vercel.app Happy to answer questions - especially about running speech models locally.   submitted by   /u/englishmaster33 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/1 01:22:39