Original Summary

In the German school system, upper secondary grades run on a 0–15 point scale, spread across two semesters, weighted differently per subject and per exam type. The result: most students genuinely have no idea where they stand until the report card shows up at the end of the semester. Everyone I know does it with a half-broken spreadsheet or not at all. So I built Notena. The core feature is boring on purpose: enter your subjects, enter your grades, see your average update live. Everything on top of that (exam planner, PDF report, an AI coach that talks about your grades) came later — the calculator is the anchor. Stack: Next.js 16 App Router, TypeScript, Tailwind, Supabase (auth + Postgres with RLS on every table), Vercel. PWA-first, no native app in the stores yet. The calculator is free and needs no signup: https://notena.app/rechner — there's an optional €4.99/month tier for the AI features, everything grade-related stays free. Two things I'd genuinely like feedback on: The first 60 seconds. Onboarding runs before signup (Duolingo-style — show value, then ask for an account). Does that actually feel better to you, or does an 8-step flow before you even have an account feel like a chore? The pitch. I spent months building this for "ambitious students" and recently realized that was way too narrow — the actual problem ("I don't know my average") applies to every student, not just the driven ones. Does the landing page read that way now, or does it still sound like it's only for overachievers? Happy to answer anything about the stack, the RLS setup, or how the German grading math works.   submitted by   /u/Schoolstuff07 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/9/30 22:07:52