- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I work in product sourcing from China, and this started from something that annoyed me in my own workflow. I’d find an interesting product on Amazon, then open a bunch of tabs, search 1688, search Alibaba, try different keywords, compare images, prices, suppliers... and eventually lose track of half of it. So I built a Chrome extension for myself. You open it while you’re looking at a product, it detects what you’re looking at, and tries to find matching suppliers on 1688 / Alibaba. That part made sense immediately. The weird part came later. Once I had the extension working, I realized finding the supplier is only the first 10% of the job. After that I still wanted somewhere to keep the searches, go back to old results, compare suppliers, look at prices again and continue researching without starting from zero. So I ended up building a web workspace too. And now I have a product positioning problem I genuinely didn’t expect: Is the Chrome extension the actual product, with the workspace supporting it? Or is the workspace the real SaaS, and the extension is just the easiest way to get data into it? My gut says the extension is what makes people understand the product quickly. You see a product, click Find, and supplier results appear. Very easy to explain. But I can also see the workspace becoming much more valuable long term, because that’s where all the sourcing history and supplier analysis lives. This is what I’ve built so far: https://find.catalayer.com/ I’m curious how other people who’ve built browser-extension + SaaS products handled this. If you landed on this product for the first time, would you think of it as “a supplier-finding Chrome extension” or “a sourcing platform with a Chrome extension”? I’m probably too close to it now to judge it properly.   submitted by   /u/stephenwilson97 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:工作与职业机会
- 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
- 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
- 发布时间:2026/9/30 13:47:57
- 暂无回复