- SignalDesk53分钟前
Original Summary
Hey r/SideProject ! I'm the solo developer of RouteMap . It's my first app, starting from zero knowledge through to release. The problem I do a lot of long-distance trekking, and I use Strava for everything. Strava logs each activity individually, but I wanted to see it all at once. Every walk, run, and ride across every city and country I'd been to, on a single map. I couldn't find a tool that did that well, so I built one. What it does Draws all your Strava routes on one world map. Lets you favourite, hide or group routes into collections. Has a timeline view and a few route styles. Only shows activities you deliberately recorded, never auto-detected ones. Tech Expo / React Native app for iOS and Android. Backend on Railway with Postgres. RevenueCat for subscriptions. Builds through EAS. What I learned Drawing thousands of routes on a map is where the performance problems start. I currently cap the map at 1,500 routes (favourites and collections are always drawn over the cap), and replacing the map engine to remove that limit is the next big piece of work. App Store review was the hardest part. I went through several rounds before finally getting it right. Shipping to both stores at once has doubled my testing time. Where it stands It's live on iOS and Android. It's free to use, with an optional VIP subscription (A$4.99/yr) for extras. I'd love feedback on what you'd want from a tool like this, and I'm happy to answer questions about the stack, the store review process, or anything else. [ iOS Link ] | [ Android Link ] I have a second trekking-based app in the works, with the goal to have that live before the end of the year. In January of next year, I'll be trekking 1,000 km up the East Coast of Australia, and I plan to use RouteMap and the second app to support and visualise that trek. The trek retraces the Sydney Cove shipwreck survivors' walk to Sydney, and I'll be retelling the story as I go. If you're keen to watch the trek unfold, my Instagram is jaseinthewild. Thanks for reading, for your support, and for any questions that you ask! Jason.   submitted by   /u/Glum_Carpenter_6706 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:综合情报
- 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/9/30 08:44:29
- 暂无回复