- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
So I scraped billions of data points from TikTok and let people query my database for free using plain SQL. A few days later, I got a letter in my email and on Telegram asking me to take the site down. They're also demanding all the revenue I made from selling the data and the scraper source code I sold, which adds up to around $45k. I told them I didn't do anything illegal. This is public data. None of it is behind a paywall or a login wall. I scraped all of it without ever creating a TikTok account, so I never agreed to their ToS. I didn't hack anything or bypass any security either. Anyone with a browser can see the same stuff. They also told me to take down my tutorial on how to scrape billions of records from TikTok. It's literally educational content. I'm just teaching people how it works. I also had around 30 million TikTok influencer emails that I scraped from their PUBLIC bios. I've already removed those from the site, and they're redacted before anything gets sent to the frontend, so nobody can see them anymore. Every public TikTok profile and video is indexed by Google, so technically you could get everything I scraped just by scraping google.com. You can even find influencers' bio emails straight from Google. So why is Google, or any search engine, allowed to do this but I'm not?? And are we just going to pretend the AI companies didn't do the exact same thing??? If this is really illegal, why are billion-dollar companies getting away with it? Honestly, I'm so done with this.   submitted by   /u/operatorarkay [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
- 发布时间:2026/9/30 07:35:43
- 暂无回复