Original Summary

Hi everyone, I've been working on Koli for a while. It's an app that helps you store and view archive data from social media platforms (well, as of yet, only direct-messages.js file, which is for Twitter/X DMs, is supported, but I will bring support for more). It works fully offline. It doesn't connect to your accounts or anything. For those who are not familiar with "archive data", you can request your data from a lot of platforms. It's generally under the name of "export your data", "get a copy of your data", etc. But depending on the platform, they give you flat files of various formats, such as csv, txt, json, html etc. Koli renders those data in a familiar interface. I almost always get a copy of my data before leaving a platform, sometimes it turns out to be useful, I also like reading my old posts/messages, etc. but it's not easily searchable, nor pleasant to look through. I've been planning to build an app that is, "Calibre of personal data archive", so to say. I like how Calibre app is predictable, supports various things about ebooks, works offline, has a user-selected archive folder, etc. And after a long time of procrastination, I've published the version 0.2.0 of Koli. The problem with other apps/scripts that I've seen was that: They were not user friendly, not maintained, just turns them to another data format/html, leaves you with more separate data that you can't use together. My aim is to add more platforms, better search functionality, exporting your data as PDF, and many more. I hope to make this app the first tool that comes up to people's minds when they think of backing up their social media data. It's available on Microsoft Store , and waiting for the review for Mac App Store. And here is the website: https://getkoli.app It's written in Rust, and for UI, I use Slint.   submitted by   /u/meyagci [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/9/30 05:46:52