- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I stare at screens most of the day and ignore every break reminder I've tried. A notification pops up, I dismiss it on reflex, eyes hurt by evening. So I built Peeka. A small ghost lives on your desktop and gets visibly sleepier the longer you look at the screen. Every 20 minutes it pulls a dim blanket over your screens, covers its eyes and counts to 20 while you look at something far away (the 20-20-20 rule). Then it pops out: boo. The bet: people skip timers, but they might not skip a character they like. The hard part was making it not annoying: - It waits until you stop typing, so it never cuts you off mid-sentence - It never interrupts calls, presentations or screen shares (mic/camera on, full-screen Keynote/PowerPoint/Slides, Zoom sharing) - It pauses when you're away and only counts real screen time - Skip twice in a row and it backs off and gives you double the time Some things from building it: - Native Swift, about 2 MB. The ghost runs on spring physics so it squashes and wobbles instead of playing canned animations. - Worst bug: it froze at 141% CPU because its own closed menu was redrawing 60 times a second. - The license is a signed key checked offline, so there's no account and the app makes no network calls. Free for 7 days, then $14.99 once (launch price). Mac only: meetpeeka.com What I'd love feedback on: 1. Does the landing page make you want to try it, or is something unclear? 2. Would a character like this charm you or annoy you by week two? 3. Anything that would make you uninstall it?   submitted by   /u/sameed_a [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/9/30 00:50:31
- 暂无回复