- SignalDesk2小时前
Original Summary
For years I had this secret. I'd decide to quit, delete everything, last a day or two, then find some workaround late at night and feel like garbage the next morning. I never told anyone. Not a friend, not a partner. I just figured I'd carry it forever. I tried other blockers. A few of them wanted my email and name before they'd even work. Others sent reports to an accountability partner. I work in cybersecurity so that was never happening. I ended up with nothing protecting me. So I built Escape. An adult content blocker for iPhone, made for people exactly like me. People who will never tell anyone. The first version only blocked Safari and the Safari blocker is free. Then one night I caught myself opening Chrome instead. That's when I got it. The problem isn't blocking a browser, it's blocking the impulse at 1 am and evenings. I built Deep Block for every browser plus a strict mode lock that stops you from turning it off anytime. The hardest part was the privacy architecture. There's no server on our end. Everything lives on the device. No account, no email, no tracking. The App Store privacy label literally says Data Not Collected. That one constraint shaped every decision I made. Here's my honest problem though. Because I collect zero data, I have no idea how people actually use the app. I can't see a thing. So I'm asking makers here. When you can't collect any data at all, how do you figure out what to build next? Do you just go off reviews and support emails? Would optional anonymous analytics break the trust, or is zero data just pride getting in the way? Feedback welcome. I'm the founder and I'm reading everything.   submitted by   /u/SamFromEscape [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:硬件与数码
- 分类依据:内容涉及硬件、数码产品或通信卡
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/9/30 00:00:53
- 暂无回复