Original Summary

I’ve been building a small app called Attendr in my spare time. It started as a pretty simple idea: a business-friendly staff presence / attendance board where you can quickly see who’s in, out, working from home, on leave, unavailable, etc. I wanted it to be self-hosted rather than another cloud SaaS product, so it runs on a Windows server or PC and keeps the data on the organisation’s own infrastructure. Over time it grew into something much more complete: real-time staff presence board custom statuses departments multiple locations kiosk mode IP-based location detection Active Directory integration Microsoft Entra ID integration audit logs I’ve now finished packaging the current Windows build, written full documentation, and put the release on GitHub. I’ve decided to make it free for smaller teams because at this point I’d rather get it into the hands of real users and learn from how people actually use it than leave it sitting there waiting for some perfect commercial launch. GitHub: github.com/Huddo58/Attendr Website: attendr.com.au I’m curious how other SaaS builders here think about this stage. Once you’ve built something useful but don’t yet have distribution, do you think making it free is a good way to get real-world validation, or does it make it harder to establish value later? Also happy to hear any feedback on the product itself.   submitted by   /u/That-Dimension-3594 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/9/29 20:30:53