Original Summary

I’m building my first small game/app and trying to work out the marketing side as I go. As I’m getting into it, I’m quickly realising that trying to cover all bases is unrealistic and will be too time-consuming long term. So I’m trying to establish what jobs each one should do: • Reddit: specific communities, proper conversations, feedback and advice. Less about building an audience and more about finding the right people for a particular question. • Instagram/Facebook: more of a home for the project and somewhere to build up a history of what I’m doing. Updates, milestones, gameplay, bits from the development process etc. • TikTok/YouTube Shorts: discovery. Stuff that makes sense to somebody who has never heard of me or the game. One thing I can make easily is a daily “beat the creator” gameplay video. It takes almost no extra effort because I’m playing anyway. My current thought is to put the same video on Instagram Reels, Facebook Reels, TikTok and YouTube Shorts every day rather than inventing four different content strategies for essentially the same short-form feeds. Then use the platforms differently when there’s actually a reason to. I’m also wondering whether I should just focus on those main platforms rather than broadening out to X, Threads etc. For people doing this on their own, where have you found the sweet spot? Is it better to maintain a presence across the main platforms with low-effort repeatable content, or put most of your effort into one or two? Also, if you’re posting the same short-form content across several platforms, are there any genuinely useful free or cheap tools for posting/scheduling across all of them from one place? What are the pitfalls of aggregating content, and is native posting worth the extra effort? Interested in what people have actually found works in practice, particularly when marketing isn’t your full-time job. Thanks in advance.   submitted by   /u/cheekychen [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:工作与职业机会
  • 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/9/29 18:00:52