Original Summary

I've been working on this problem from the store side instead of the agent side. Suppose an AI agent is helping someone shop and reaches a WooCommerce store. What does that agent actually need from the store? For a first version, I boiled it down to three capabilities: Search the catalog Get structured information about a specific product Check whether the product is in stock That's what I ended up building. What became more interesting was deciding what the agent shouldn't have. A shopping agent doesn't need access to WordPress administration, customer records, order management or the ability to modify products just to help someone find something to buy. So I kept the public shopping interface read only and left WooCommerce as the source of truth. On the merchant side, I tried to make the setup almost boring: Install → choose tools → verify → done. For those of you actually building agents, are those three capabilities enough for a useful first shopping interaction? What other read only tool would you consider fundamental?   submitted by   /u/scampf [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/9/29 09:46:04