- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Hi HN, I built Rename.Tools after needing to rename a large batch of images. This is something I only do occasionally, so I couldn’t justify buying dedicated software for it. The free tools I tried didn’t quite fit my needs either. When I discovered the File System Access API, a browser-based tool felt like a natural fit: open a tab when I need it, rename my files locally, and close it when I’m done. No installation or account required. The main feature is a chain of rename rules. You can combine find-and-replace, regex, sequential numbering, case conversion, text insertion, cleanup, and custom JavaScript, then drag them into the order you want. A live preview shows the resulting filenames and detects conflicts before you apply changes. There are also a few features for more specific workflows: - Rename photos using EXIF metadata and music files using audio tags. - Filter files by name, extension, size, or modification time. - Save reusable presets and import, export, or share them through a URL. - Undo renaming operations or export undo scripts. - Match TV episodes through TMDb, using your own API key. Files are processed locally and aren’t uploaded. The optional TMDb lookup requires network access. Direct renaming requires a supported Chromium browser. You can also export Bash or PowerShell scripts to run locally, including from browsers that don’t support direct renaming. There’s a sample mode if you’d like to try it without selecting your own files. The project is free and open source. I’d be interested to hear how you handle occasional bulk renaming, which workflows this is missing, and whether anything feels confusing. Try it: <a href="https://rename.tools/en/app" rel="nofollow">https://rename.tools/en/app</a> Source: <a href="https://github.com/chenz24/rename.tools" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/chenz24/rename.tools</a>
- 情报分类:服务器与云资源
- 分类依据:内容涉及服务器、云资源或网络线路
- 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
- 发布时间:2026/9/29 10:54:17
- 暂无回复