Original Summary

Hi there! I'm Jackson. I'm an artist and a programmer. I made refern to solve my own problems with references when drawing. I wanted somewhere to collect my references, find them again, and put them together into moodboards, with everything saved on my own computer. Think of it as your own personal, private Pinterest library, connected to an infinite canvas like Milanote. You can explore your own collection, find similar images, and rediscover references you'd forgotten you saved. With refern, you can: save images from the web with the browser extension and add tags while saving. You can also import public Pinterest boards or use the image folders already on your computer. organize your references with folders and tags, search by text or color, and pick an image to find visually similar ones in your library. create infinite canvas moodboards using your references. Arrange images, add notes, and make as many local boards as you want for different projects. keep your references and moodboards on top of your drawing app, or move them to another monitor while you work. and more, like timed drawing practice, automatic tagging, and importing your existing boards and collections from Eagle, PureRef, or Allusion. When you add an existing folder, refern reads the files where they are, without making another copy or modifying the originals. You can keep using those same files in your other apps. Your library stays on your computer. You don't need an account to use the desktop app, and you can browse, search, and work on your boards offline. There's also optional sharing if you want to show someone an image or a moodboard through a link. You choose what to upload and share, and the rest of your library stays private. A limited free sharing allowance is included with a desktop purchase. Also, if you've seen older posts about refern shutting down, those were about the previous web version. I've since rebuilt refern as this local desktop app. The desktop app is a $35 USD one-time purchase, with updates included. You can try the whole app free for 30 days, with no card needed. It's available on Windows, macOS, and Linux. I'm always open to feedback and suggestions. I'd love your help making refern more useful for other artists! Feel free to try it out at refern.app , or leave a comment and let me know what you think! happy to answer any questions! (We also have an active community Discord server for discussions and feedback if you're interested in joining)   submitted by   /u/jaks024 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/9/29 07:19:22