I asked SaaS founders when self-hosting stops being worth it. The answers changed what I’m building
- SignalDesk4小时前
Original Summary
Disclosure: I’m building Docklane. A couple of days ago I asked when self-hosting stops being worth it. The interesting part was that most people didn’t dislike self-hosting itself. They liked the cost, control and portability. The pain started later: backups, updates, SSL, monitoring, recovery, random downtime. A $10 VPS stops feeling cheap when it starts costing someone’s Saturday. That changed how I think about the product we’re building. We’re trying to keep the economics and control of self-hosting while removing the repetitive ops around it. We’re looking for around 20 teams already self-hosting tools to help shape the first version. https://docklane.tech What would a managed layer have to handle before you’d actually trust it?   submitted by   /u/amitsingh717628 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:服务器与云资源
- 分类依据:内容涉及服务器、云资源或网络线路
- 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
- 发布时间:2026/9/29 08:03:54
- 暂无回复