- SignalDesk57分钟前
Original Summary
'Rangers was a dream - that has not changed' Lewis Ferguson says he was never close to leaving Bologna this summer amid reports of interest from boyhood club Rangers. But the Scotland midfielder, 27, does retain aspirations of an Ibrox return at some stage in his career. Ferguson was released by Rangers at 14 and made his way to Serie A in 2022, via Hamilton Academical and Aberdeen. He has captained Bologna since 2023 and led them to their first Coppa Italia in over 50 years in 2025. However, starts became sparse last term under Vincenzo Italiano, making just 17 in the league. Asked about links to Rangers, Ferguson said: "I had a long think after the World Cup about my future and I was a little bit unsure but nothing was ever that close." And he added: "When I went back for pre-season, we had a new manager [Domenico Tedesco] and it was like a fresh start. "We changed again since [with Raffaele Palladino], so I've had three new managers in the last two months [including Sebastien Pocognoli with Scotland]. "I had a long think about what my future was going to look like and in the end it was still at Bologna. "I've loved every moment that I've had there. It was just about continuing that journey and seeing where it takes me." 'Always something in the back of mind' Ferguson, who is under contract until 2028 with the option of a further year, has played every minute of Bologna's five Serie A games so far this season. His father, Derek, and uncle, Barry, both played for Rangers with the latter captaining and at one stage managing at Ibrox. In July, newly-installed Rangers manager Derek McInnes spoke of an "obvious link" with Ferguson, having worked with the player at Aberdeen. On his bond with Rangers, Ferguson said: "It's no secret that I grew up a fan and my family is involved in the club. "It was a dream of mine as a kid and that's not changed but I don't want to speak about that while I'm a player at Bologna. "In the future, you never know. It might happen, it might not, but it's always been something in the back of mind."
- 情报分类:工作与职业机会
- 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
- 信息来源:英语新闻 / BBC News Top Stories
- 发布时间:2026/9/28 23:27:38
- 暂无回复