Original Summary

I’ve been working on PCS - Personal Continuity System . The problem I was trying to solve is pretty simple: I can have a useful conversation with one AI, build up context over time, save useful information, then switch to another model and effectively start over. That started to feel backwards. So I built PCS to keep the longer-lived part outside the model. PCS stores things like memories, notes, materials and other context locally, then lets different AI routes use that same continuity. Right now it supports OpenAI, Gemini and a Local route. The model can change without the user’s whole history having to change with it. That’s really the main idea. It has grown into a Windows app with: Persistent, inspectable memory Notes and saved materials Text and voice conversations OpenAI, Gemini and local model routes Local Whisper speech recognition Local Kokoro TTS Optional local vision through OBS frames Experimental custom GGUF support Backups and readable exports The memory is stored locally in an encrypted vault, and users can inspect, revise or remove what PCS has saved. It’s still pre-release software and I’m still finding rough edges. I’m not trying to turn this into some giant “AI platform.” I mainly wanted a way to keep continuity under the user’s control instead of tying it permanently to one provider. PCS is free and open source under GPLv3. Website: https://pcs-personalcontinuitysystem.github.io/PCS-site/ GitHub: https://github.com/PCS-PersonalContinuitySystem/PCS If anyone else has run into the same continuity problem when switching between AI tools, I’d be interested in how you’ve handled it.   submitted by   /u/MightyMouse420 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/9/29 01:43:48