- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Working Title: MoneyMoney (Dad's favourite song, ABBA i think?) Completely out of my wheelhouse, but as my parents get older, tech gets more complicated for them. My parents had their 'guy' at the bank manage their portfolio. But 'Helping' them now seems to involve more apps, more passwords and more sales pitches. Doing it remotely hasn’t been practical for us either. I believe MoneyMoney is the first step in solving these problems, making things simpler. By “ simpler,” I mean larger text, better contrast, fewer decisions for them and a clear answers to questions that theyre most concerned about : what do we own, what is it worth, how're we doing, where did that number come from and what’s missing? Avoid the manual updating where he makes errors often. There are two 'modes': a detailed one for whoever is checking the accounts (mostly me), and a simpler “Comfort” view I’m working on for my dad. The screenshots show the current detailed view; the simpler one still needs work, but the principles have been tested. The aim: to be as automated as possible. Dive into gmail routinely, extract statements, manage pdf passwords, split and consolidate by PAN accounts, adaptively parse contract notes, relevant other emails, cross-check and validate - and give an Complete View, but never from just one source or one Parsing pass. Avoid dependencies on Templates from Banks and Brokers, as they keep changing. It's mutli-account, multi-asset, and a focus on getting XIRR right. Capital Gains, Tax understanding and classification, multiple currencies and Voice LLM are in different stages of completion with testing required. What’s public now: the code and a local demo with invented accounts and holdings. No account connection or API key is needed. It’s an early developer build—not ready for your real financial records. Automated email ingestion and tax checks aren’t working features of this public demo. Voice is something I particularly want for my dad, but it’s still experimental and disabled in the public demo. Getting an answer spoken aloud is only useful if it’s the right answer. I don’t currently plan to monetise this. I don’t know how to code, so I’ve been using AI coding tools and learning as I go. A bit of desperation and a bit of fun exploration. If you help older parents manage their finances, what do they find hardest about the apps they use? I’d also appreciate help from people with low-vision accessibility experience, or anyone willing to try the demo and report where they get stuck. Small code or design contributions are welcome. Code, screenshots and setup: https://github.com/St-Gonne/moneymoney (Limitation: This is India specific for now, but should be simple enough to adopt to most banks)   submitted by   /u/GrouchyPatrao [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/9/29 01:33:05
- 暂无回复