Original Summary

onesie is a Unix-style CLI for using System One models in shell pipelines, scripts, and agentic workflows: <a href="https:&#x2F;&#x2F;github.com&#x2F;frodi-karlsson&#x2F;onesie" rel="nofollow">https:&#x2F;&#x2F;github.com&#x2F;frodi-karlsson&#x2F;onesie</a><p><pre><code> echo &#x27;EVERYTHING IS DOWN, CALL ME NOW&#x27; | onesie &#x27;does this convey urgency&#x27; -r # 0.99 </code></pre> It provides caching, batching, deduplication, unix composability, streaming, and even a way to calibrate thresholds and questions against labelled data:<p><pre><code> onesie calibrate -f shell-safety -i jsonl --map .command --id .id \ --label destroys=.destroys --label secrets=.secrets --label network=.network \ --cuts 0.25,0.5 &lt; examples&#x2F;data&#x2F;shell-safety.jsonl destroys, yes&#x2F;no: labelled 40, 16 yes, 24 no, 0 failed. AUC 1.00 cut flagged catches false alarms right when flagged 0.25 18 16&#x2F;16 100% 81-100% 2&#x2F;24 8% 2-26% 16&#x2F;18 89% 67-97% 0.50 15 15&#x2F;16 94% 72-99% 0&#x2F;24 0% 0-14% 15&#x2F;15 100% 80-100% worst misses echo-overwrite labelled yes answered 0.37 </code></pre> It works with TypeSafe&#x27;s Jev, Jev via OpenRouter, Berget&#x27;s System One models, as well as any Jev-compatible APIs.<p>For anyone unaware, System One is Typesafe&#x27;s term for a class of models. I personally find them super exciting. You can read more here: <a href="https:&#x2F;&#x2F;typesafe.ai&#x2F;blog&#x2F;introducing-system-one-models-and-jev" rel="nofollow">https:&#x2F;&#x2F;typesafe.ai&#x2F;blog&#x2F;introducing-system-one-models-and-j...</a>.<p>When Jev launched, one of my first toy projects was using it to &quot;lint&quot; files. It was tough, and I found other people doing it better, but I learned the importance of calibrating questions to minimize false negatives&#x2F;positives.<p>Later I started using scripts to interface with Jev and found myself wanting some features I couldn&#x27;t find in other CLIs, so I built onesie. Here are some more examples of what onesie can do:<p>Ask three questions in a single request<p><pre><code> echo &#x27;Third time asking. I was charged twice and nobody answers. Fix it or I am cancelling.&#x27; | onesie --ask urgent=&#x27;is this urgent&#x27; \ --ask team=&#x27;who should handle this&#x27; --pick billing,shipping,technical \ --ask mood=&#x27;how frustrated is the customer&#x27; --rate calm,annoyed,furious \ -o values {&quot;urgent&quot;:0.91,&quot;team&quot;:&quot;billing&quot;,&quot;mood&quot;:&quot;furious&quot;} </code></pre> Filter streamed log entries for human review<p><pre><code> tail -f app.log | onesie &#x27;does this line report a failure a person must act on&#x27; -i lines --merge -o json \ --assert &#x27;answer.value &lt; 0.8&#x27; | jq -c --unbuffered &#x27;select(.answers.assert == false)&#x27; </code></pre> Gate the command in a script. A failed gate exits 1, and an uncertain one exits 7. Note: Probably don&#x27;t run this exact gate on user input in prod.<p><pre><code> echo &quot;$cmd&quot; | onesie -f shell-safety -q case $? in 0) eval &quot;$cmd&quot; ;; 1) echo blocked ;; 7) ask_the_user ;; *) echo &#x27;no answer, blocked&#x27; ;; esac </code></pre> ... And many more. Please check out the repo for more examples and a detailed reference!<p>It&#x27;s obviously hard to try out onesie without an api key for a Jev-like provider, although there are options for using mock data or dry-running. There are instructions in the repo for how to auth with a key.<p>If you want an MCP server or a cost estimate before each run, shaharia-lab&#x2F;jev-cli has both. It&#x27;s a nice project.<p>I opted out of an MCP server because my intended audience is people and local agentic workflows. For these, I&#x27;m of the opinion that a good CLI is best, especially when combined with a plugin + skills. I also felt most of onesie&#x27;s standout features aren&#x27;t well served by the protocol. There are other dedicated Jev MCPs out there that do just fine.<p>I opted out of cost estimates because I&#x27;m not interested in estimating tokens or keeping a table of costs up to date when the models are so cheap.<p>You can install it with<p><pre><code> brew install frodi-karlsson&#x2F;tap&#x2F;onesie </code></pre> or<p><pre><code> go install github.com&#x2F;frodi-karlsson&#x2F;onesie&#x2F;cmd&#x2F;onesie@latest </code></pre> And yes, development has been very agentic :)<p>It&#x27;s MIT-licensed.


  • 情报分类:服务器与云资源
  • 分类依据:内容涉及服务器、云资源或网络线路
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/9/28 19:37:25