- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I run a product in a fairly vertical niche. Recently I found many more competitors than before. It made me ask: If I started today, how would I beat the current players? And if someone wanted to beat me, how would they take a piece of the market? I came up with two possible angles: Low price or ad-supported: target users who want free/cheap, even if revenue is only a few hundred to a couple thousand a month. Differentiation: if features can’t be better, differentiate through UI/UX and attract a specific audience. But honestly, sometimes I wonder if new competitors are underestimating how hard this niche is. I’ve been in it for years, have around 100k+ users, and already spend a meaningful amount on promotion. A large part of the market may already be taken. That made me think this can be used as a reverse signal: When you have an idea, look at existing products. Search for posts about them. Check how often they’re discussed, how long they’ve been around, how strong their promotion is, and whether you can realistically compete. So my question is: How do you judge whether a vertical niche is already “done”? Have you ever entered a crowded market and still found a wedge? When do you decide NOT to build something?   submitted by   /u/ggryuk [link]   [comments]
中文概览
中文标题: 当竞争对手已经存在时,如何判断一个垂直细分产品是否仍值得进入?
发帖者运营一个垂直细分产品,发现竞争对手增多,提出两种可能切入点:低价或广告支持,以及通过UI/UX做差异化。他也考虑用现有产品的讨论频率、存在时长、推广力度等反向判断市场是否已被占据,并询问如何判断细分市场是否已“做完”、是否曾在拥挤市场找到切入点、何时决定不构建。
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:讨论垂直细分市场竞争与进入判断,属商业与市场研究。
- 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
- 发布时间:2026/9/28 14:52:34
- 暂无回复